Awesomesalsa

A while back I started making salsa awesomesauce. It was OK. Every time I make it it gets a little better. I made some today that is so dog gam good I exclaimed "God damn! That's good!" It's like, bottle it and sell it good. I won't, because I won't but hot diggity. A fine personal accomplishment.

A friend asked for the recipe, so, here it is. 

AWESOMESALSA

In a food processor

1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp diced garlic (or 2-3 cloves)
2 tsp honey

1 small red onion chopped
2 jalapeƱo peppers chopped (w/seeds = more spicy) 
4 tomatillos chopped
juice of 2 limes
1 bundle of cilantro, chopped, including the stems

2 cans diced tomatos w/green chiles
1 can diced green chiles 

Churn the crap outta that stuff (it'll fill your food processor completely)  
Strain to reduce liquid (from tomatoes and chiles -- next time I'll drain first) 
Contain

Eat the crap outta that awesomesalsa! 

Comments

Popular Posts